Nearly 60 and starting over
Integrated Geospatial Technology – Master of Science
Michigan Technological University
A little inspiration, some career retooling, a little divorce, a little cross-country move…a lot of starting over.
I record bits of my journey here, despite my fears of embarrassment, of sounding trite, naive, foolish, or ignorant, but I refuse to regret taking this path. I see no reason to turn back, feeling more and more myself with each step I take. So what, if I can’t see the view from the top of the mountain (yet) or even what lies around the next bend. Each step, each turn, each stretch of road is new and uncharted. This is my quest, to chart these paths, to draw my own map.
- GEOINT? Meeting Professor Levin
- Michigan Tech School Tour
- Hancock and Houghton House Hunting
- Houghton, Hancock, Keweenaw
- Maasto Hiihto Trails
- AirBnB Freezes Igloo Too
- The Trip WAY Up North
- The Trip Further Up North
- Cass City Exchange Student Reunion
- The Trip Up North
- House Hunting (fixing one of the “Things that did Not work”)
- To Learn? To Teach? To Do?
- A Real Farmer on Drones in Farming
- Telling the Bosses 2019
- Telling the Bosses 2018
- A Head Start in ARC-GIS
- I’m In!
- MTU has Two Distinct GIS Colleges
- Recommendation Letters
- MTU Entrance Essay: Statement of Purpose
- MTU Entrance Essay: Personal Statement
- Telling the Mrs.
- Genesis of a Plan – Things that Worked and Things that Didn’t